The television and broadcasting industry has been undergoing significant technological and structural changes, which have given consumers access to a huge variety of communications and media services. Convergence is changing the way in which consumers use communication services and consume content, as it is available on new platforms and on various wireless portable devices. At the same time, technological change has impacted on regulation and conditions of competition.
The television and broadcasting industry has been undergoing significant technological changes, with the penetration of new technologies, consumers access and view on audio-visual content have changed. It is being provided via multiple platforms such as analogue or digital terrestrial broadcasts, satellite, cable or Internet Protocol (IP) and Over-the-Top (OTT) television. Combined with significant broadband penetration, increases in bandwidth and the proliferation of digital devices.
OptM have demonstrated pro-activeness in adopting and employing new technologies as well as modern broadcasting solutions. We assist our clients to solve complex end to end engineering problems within the media and broadcast ecosystem through innovative services and applications. Our in-depth expertise addresses engineering challenges faced by OEMs, ODMs and service providers through the delivery of next gen TVs, STBs, Home GWs, applications and services for mobile platforms.
- Custom/Legacy Middleware Development/Porting/Sustenance
- Interactive TV – MHEG, GEM, EBIF, Tru2Way
- Applications Development – EPG, Remote Diagnostics, Games, Targeted Ad, Audience Research, Media Player, Photos, Browser, Home Networking
- DTV/STB Middleware Development/ Porting/ Sustenance
- 0 Broadcast App & framework development – AI, ML and Data Science tools to build, deploy and maintain A/344 runtime apps leveraging the ATSC 3.0 potential to full throttle
- Application Development – EPG, MR-DVR, VOD, Media Player, Photos, Browser, Internet Video/Radio, IP Streaming, Home Networking
- Product Variants – ATSC3.0, OpenCable, DVB-S/C/T, ISDB-T/S, Hospitality, Digital Photo Frames, Wireless TV
- Board Support Packages, Device Drivers Development
- Codec Development -H.265, HEVC, AC4, H.264, WMV, MP3, AAC, AC3
- Reference Design – ATSC, DVB-S/C/T, ARIB/ISDB