Digital transformation has become the trend of the era and to serve today’s tech savvy customers. However, defining the cloud transformation roadmap and executing the migration of business critical applications to the cloud, while ensuring high performance, governance, and security can be a critical task. Designing and implementing a successful cloud strategy require a service provider with experience in large-scale digital transformation. This transformation can be accelerated by microservices and implementation of right architecture may seem challenging.
Having a single large monolithic application with all the functionalities encapsulated within the same application makes it difficult to provide the agility or scalability required for digital transformation. This is where microservices architecture can help. Its architecture uses granular, distributed services with well-defined APIs based on domain driven design. It promises to offer better scalability, improved agility, reliability and a reduced time to market. Enterprises that use microservices as a building block for their distributed enterprise systems can augment and aggregate existing functionality as a service.
By leveraging microservices, companies have been able to drive many different types of business transformation:
- When enterprises decide to move from traditional monolithic oriented architecture to cloud-based applications, development for cloud-based systems can be accelerated with microservices
- Microservices provide the flexibility to try out a new technology stack on an individual service as needed.
- Microservices can help ensure a high level of availability for core functions
- Solutions that require integrating business capabilities from disparate systems and programming models can be aided by a microservices approach
- Microservices have helped companies align business and IT functionality, improve business and technology agility, and enable incremental (agile) development and continuous software deployment
OptM has a team of the best developers who can design and develop microservices for agility, ease of scalability (including functional decomposition, data partitioning and horizontal scaling of individual services), efficient maintenance (decoupled), performance, and security. We help enterprises visualize and plan the whole journey, including the coexistence of legacy systems and microservices during transition, CI & CD ecosystem, Quality Assurance, API Documentation and Versioning, Discovery, Security, Scalability, Infrastructure, and team discipline aspects.